Includes Playground and Kitchen
Only available on Fridays from 15:00 - 19:00 and Saturdays from 09:00 - 19:00
Please check with the Church Office before booking specified date. Your booking will only be confirmed by calling in at the church office and signing the agreement form. This must be done within 5 days of your online booking. If you are not able to call in, please contact the office to let them know when you can sign the agreement form. If we do not hear from you within 5 days the booking will be cancelled with a full refund minus £5 administration fee.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
1) The agreed fee for the use of the premises overleaf must be paid in advance of the hiring together with a deposit of £40. The deposit will be refunded if there has been no breech of contract, no damage to the premises or fixtures and fixings and the premises are left in a clean state following your event (see 4) below). Balham Community Church (BCC) shall be entitled to retain the whole or part of the deposit for any breech of contract, the cost of rectifying any damage or should cleaning be required.
2) The Hirer is responsible for all damage (other than fair wear and tear) to the premises or any of the Kalos Centre’s fixtures, fittings or equipment, which is occasioned in whatever way by the use of the premises.
3) The premises may only be used by the Hirer and for the purpose indicated on the application form submitted to BCC and only during the period you have booked. BCC reserve the right to charge an additional fee should the Hirer use the premises outside of the hours specified.
4) The use of any form of amplification or other props liable to be dangerous or cause unreasonable disturbance to neighbouring premises, is prohibited. This includes music equipment, megaphones, fireworks and other noisy equipment. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that any entertainer and other persons associated with the event adhere to these conditions.
5) At the end of your event, please leave the hired areas in a clean and tidy condition with all furniture and equipment left in the same condition as at the commencement of the hiring, and all rubbish placed in the large bins located on front forecourt. The Hirer must ensure that all lights are turned off and all doors and windows properly secured. Please go through the checklist of clearing up at the end of your event, and return this with the keys.
6) No smoking or alcohol is allowed anywhere on the premises at any time.
7) The Hirer must not leave on the premises any equipment, furniture or articles of any kind unless by prior written agreement from BCC who reserve the right to charge a separate fee for the provision of any such storage.
8) The Hirer agrees that BCC accepts no responsibility for injury or loss to person or property arising out of the use of the premises apart from such injury or loss, which arises from BCC’s responsibility for the general maintenance of the premises, and the Hirer will keep BCC indemnified against any claims for which they are not responsible.
9) The Hirer has a responsibility to notify BCC of any defect in the building or in any of the Centre’s furniture or other equipment within the premises.
10) The Hirer will comply with the provisions of BCC’s Health and Safety policy and will ensure that all those using the Centre are aware of the appropriate safety procedures.
11) Cancellation shall be made no less than 7 days before the hire date and the deposit shall be retained if cancelled less than 7 days prior to event.
12) It will be the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that everyone connected with their event is aware of which parts of the building they have hired. All other areas of the building will be “out of bounds”. Any damage to furniture and fixings outside the hired area will also be charged to the Hirer.